If you are bored with your traditional solid-colored nails, then try this trend on for size! These "word nails" are like decopauge for your nails and they are amazingly cute. The best part is you can choose any newspaper wording you want, from the text of the business section to comic strips. This is a great way to re-define the tradtional newspaper: by placing it on your nails!
What you will need:
*Light Colored Polish
*Rubbing Alcohol or Vodka
*Small Ceramic Dish
1. Find a section in a newspaper that you want to copy onto your nails and cut it out. I say newspapers because their ink is easily transferrable onto a painted surface. Make sure you cut the pieces to cover each of your nails. I would like to suggest using the crossword puzzle, advertisements, or comic strips for some awesome shapes.
2. Varnish your nails by applying a base coat followed by two coats of a nail color of your choice. I suggest using a lighter color, such as pastels, so that your print is visible.
3. Pour rubbing alcohol, or vodka, into a small dish. Once your nails are dry, briefly soak them in alcohol. I suggest vodka as an alternative because this liquid tends to not be as harsh on your polish.
4. Cover your nails with the ten small pieces of paper you cut out earlier. Press down firmly and hold it still for about thirty seconds. Remove the small pieces of paper slowly, so that all of the print is transferred onto your nail.
5. Let your nails dry and apply a top coat to finish them off. I would like to suggest a clear polish with sparkles, just to add a little shimmer into the mix!